The USTA Rhode Island, the state association of the sport’s national governing body of the United States Tennis Association is proud to be able to offer a $1,000.00 college scholarship to one Male & one Female Rhode Island state high school tennis player. Your high school tennis coach and guidance counselor will need to sign off on your application for it to be processed. You must be entering either a two or four year college program in the Fall term. This scholarship is not solely based upon sport performance, academic performance or financial need. The primary focus of the USTA Scholarships is to help participants in USTA youth tennis programs and independent tennis programs receive college assistance and/or purchase college textbooks and materials. This scholarship is guaranteed not to interfere with any NCAA rulings in regards to college sport participation, and all scholarship funds will be sent directly to the corresponding college or university’s student account. Scholarships will be awarded at each of the respective RIIL tennis banquets, girl’s in the fall and boys in the spring.
- Download the RI Scholarship Application
- Complete the application with your information.
- Write your essay.
- Sign completed form and your essay.
- High School Coach or Guidance Counselor will only need to sign off on the application as well, both your coach/your counselor need to give us their contact information and agree to be interviewed if needed by the state scholarship committee.
- Mail application to the USTA Rhode Island in an envelope postmarked no later than October 15th for Girl’s and May 15th for Boy’s.
Mail to: USTA Rhode Island Scholarship c/o SCCTA
476 Main Street Wakefield, RI 02879